Meeting New people

last updated by François 5 months ago
3 voices
2 replies
  • Author
    Inna
    Participant

Hi everyone ! I’m an exchange student at Concordia. My roommate and I are looking to meet new people and discovers the good spots of the citiy!

Jerome
    Participant

Hey Inna! Nice to meet you! Where are you from?

Montreal has so much to offer! Right now, during the winter, if you want to engage in some outdoor winter activities, I recommend going skating at “Esplanade Tranquille” (especially at night!), or Beaver Lake on Mount Royal. Also, you and your roommate have to attend a Montreal Canadiens hockey game at some point! The atmosphere is amazing.

If you’re a foodie, you have to try Montreal bagels at St-Viateur or smoked meat at Schwartz’s Deli. These are Montreal staples. I also recommend Jean-Talon outdoor market, which is really nice, although it’s even better when it’s warmer (spring/summer).

Let me know if you have any other questions!

François
    Keymaster

Hey Inna! Nice to meet you.

How long are you staying? If you’re here during the summer, there are also lots of amazing music festivals. Some are free (Francos de Montréal, Jazz festival), and others are not, such as Osheaga or Île Sonic. I recommend staying a bit longer during the summer to experience these!! 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

en_CAEnglish